The Open Call for the third edition of Splice Festival is now open!
Splice Festival is an audio visual performing arts festival based in London.
The third edition will take place on 11th – 13th May 2018.
CALL FOR SUBMISSIONS:
Audio Visual Performance / Live Visuals / Live Music, Sound Art & DJ Sets / Workshop
Submission deadline: 20th January 2018 at 5pm GMT
Splice Festival aims to present a collection of new performative work that blurs the boundaries between the creative disciplines of moving image, sound art, live and electronic music to create unique audio visual experiences that can engage a broad range of audiences. Through our educational programme we support a collection of informative talks and practical workshops that shed light on these new and emergent creative cultural practices. By sharing knowledge and helping audio visual artists to find their voices, we aim to encourage the creation of new work and collaborations.
Splice Festival welcomes submissions that fit the following criteria:
• Work that utilises the close relationship between image with sound
• Projects or work submitted must be recent
Submissions will be judged on the basis of:
• Creative endeavor
• The exploitation of the audio visual form
• Audience appeal
• Technical logistics and costs
• Short films and installation based work are not currently being supported in our open call
• All video links should be a maximum of 15 minutes
• All audio links should be a maximum of 30 minutes
• All images should be no smaller than 1920px x 1080px
Unsuccessful submissions will be kept in mind for future events.